Cancellation Policy of OWLlytics
As a member of OWLLytics, you are welcome to cancel at anytime. Cancellation is immediate, you won’t be charged again. You do NOT need to email us. We ask that members follow these instructions & do not email us.
Canceling is usually a fast and easy process, please follow the steps below.
Emailing Us Does NOT Constitute A Cancellation
Emails requesting a cancellation are not valid. You must manually cancel yourself. We have this rule in place because we care about your membership & do not want you to get charged!
- Because we do not have 24/7 support, we cannot ensure we will read your emails in time before your subscription period is up. Because we don’t want members to get charged for extra months they don’t want, we require members to cancel themselves.
- To be as efficient as possible, we have one valid support email: firstname.lastname@example.org that is checked regularly & we ask members to email. Unfortunately a lot of members reply to other OWLLytics email addresses (such as the free newsletter email, email@example.com) and these might not be checked regularly. Cancellation emails are missed when emails are not sent to our support email. Please always use the firstname.lastname@example.org email so that we can help you promplty.
*note: If you made a ONE-TIME payment purchase, you do NOT need to cancel anything, as your account will NOT be charged more that one initial purchase.*
How To Cancel Your Membership
(ONLY REQUIRED FOR RECURRING MONTHLY MEMBERSHIPS)
IF you purchased any course(s) using a recurring monthly payment option, YOU MUST cancel your membership if you do NOT want to be charged for any additional months.
To access the cancellation page, follow these instructions:
- Navigate to the Student Dashboard (you must log in).
- Click the “Order History” link at the top of the page.
- From the list of orders, click “View Order” for to see your recurring subscription.
- On the order management screen, click the “Cancel Subscription” button.
- A confirmation message will appear, confirm the confirmation to cancel your subscription.
- The subscription will now move from “Active” to “Pending Cancellation.” This will allow you to continue accessing the course until the next payment is due. When the next payment is due the subscription will be move to “Cancelled” and you will officially be unenrolled from the course or membership, and no further payments will be attempted.
That’s it, you account has been successfully cancelled.
You may continue to access course materials until the current month’s paid access expires. Any remaining content will be locked after that date.
When Does My Membership Rebill?
For monthly memberships, we cannot define months as time periods, as different months have different amounts of days in them. We therefore follow the industry standard practice of billing you on the same day each month.
For Example: If you joined on January 5th @ 12pm, then you will be charged again on February 5th @ 12pm unless you cancel.
Sometimes due to processing delays, the payment may be processed with your bank after 12pm, but the invoice will be issued for the same time on the same day each month.
If you purchased your membership on a calendar day that does not exist during a month, your rebill (as laid out in our terms & conditions) will occur on the final day of the month.
For example, if you purchased on January 31st at 12pm, your rebill in February will occur on February 28th (or 29th) at 12pm instead. This is in line with industry standards for monthly memberships.
Why Am I Being Charged AFTER I Cancelled?
It is very rare that we get situations like this because we do NOT charge members after they cancel, but when we do receive an email like this, we take it very seriously!
We do NOT rebill after memberships are cancelled, but there are 2 reasons that members sometimes mistakenly think this has occurred & we’re happy to help with both:
- You actually cancelled AFTER the membership rolled over & you’d already been charged, but it didn’t show up on your credit card/bank statement immediately. We are happy to provide API records to prove this to you so that you can know you weren’t illegally charged & that you cancelled after the membership had already been charged.
- As standard practice for rebilling memberships, each account has a 3-day grace period. For 3 days, if your payment fails, we will attempt to charge it. For example, if your membership ends on the 15th of each month, we’ll attempt to charge your card until the 17th. If it is successful, your account will remain open. If it is not successful, we will terminate your account automatically & will no longer charge your card.However, if you cancel your membership during this grace period, this will not end the grace period payment attempts. That is because if you cancel your account on the 16th, after your account has entered a new month, it tells the system that you simply want to cancel it for the upcoming month, as your account has already rolled over. If you are in a grace period & want to terminate your account immediately, please email our support email: email@example.com
Please note though we can only guarantee to reply to emails every 1-2 business days as our support staff members have dedicated working hours. The best way to ensure you don’t get charged again if you do not want to is to please cancel BEFORE your membership period ends: thank you!
How To Contact Our Support Team
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have tried this & it does not work. Do not under any circumstances email a different OWLLytics email address as we can’t guarantee these will be seen!
Thank you for your understanding.
Our support team works the following hours:
- Monday-Friday 9am-5pm in Spain (+1 GMT). Please note this means that when it is Friday afternoon in the USA, it is Saturday in Spain. And when it is Sunday afternoon in the USA, it is Monday in Spain.
- They do not work official Spanish or US public holidays.
- Support emails are answered within 1-2 business days.
Not sure what time it is in Spain? Finding out is easy! https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/spain
We care very much about our members and do not want them to get billed for months they did not want. That is why we ask that you please only email us after using these cancellation instructions & they do not work as we cannot offer 24/7 support.
OWLlytics.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. OWLlytics.com also participates in affiliate programs with various other sites and is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.
Get In Touch